Friday, September 3, 2010

Where I'm From

Based on

I am from the normal,
Though I live next to fantasy,
And from the forest to the beach,
The caves,
And the cape.
I am from the evenings,
Filled with sounds of a guitar,
By others and by me,
And the sounds of crickets,
Tree frogs and cicadas.
I am from the taste,
Of tripe and pasta,
And on the cape,
Clams, shrimp, lobster, and oysters.
I am from the long days,
Spent in the wild,
Camping, caving, hunting, rafting, and fishing,
Roasting marshmallows over a fire,
And shrimp scampi on a stove.
I am fromt he coast of Massachussetts,
With the sea breeze at my nose,
And sand and salt water at my feet,
To catching clams and hunting co-hogs.
And most importantly,
I am from family,
The Scalzis and the Rosses,
The Caseys and the Garys.

No comments:

Post a Comment