Sunday, May 9, 2010

Introduction

I've been blogging at www.darndestthings.blogspot.com for years. But due to some glitches in company buy outs and email address changes, that account is listed under an email that I no longer own and I can't seem to change the account to this email. So, I will keep it up for archive, but move to this location for future posts.

For those of you who might be new to this blog, we are a family of four. I'm a stay-at-home mom (for now) with two young boys who I refer to in this blog as Firstborn and Lastborn. Firstborn's name is obvious. Lastborn earned that moniker because my original plan included 8 kids... Until I had Lastborn. I was sick for 9 whole months and then listened to him scream for 5months. At 5 months, he changed and started making up for all the difficulty he had given me, but I'm no fool. I decided God was trying to send a message in those 14 months, and I was not going to ignore it. He became the last child in our family and now I satisfy my mothering needs with raising these two humorous characters who provide me more than enough material about which to write on this blog.

My sons are complete opposites; one tall and thin, the other average and sturdier, one analytical, the other subject to whims and easily distracted, one neat and organized, the the other chaotic. This has all been God's way of keeping me on my toes. I should never think that what I did with one son will in any way apply to the other. My experiences with Firstborn are useless in the raising of Lastborn. Humility is a good thing? A sense of humor is necessary in this job.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Glad to find you and the *borns still saying the darndest things :).

    ReplyDelete